Al-Awda’s 12th Annual International Convention
November 14 – 16, 2014
The Westin Fort Lauderdale Hotel
400 Corporate Drive
Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33334
A significant event at a critical time in Arab History
Event website: www.al-awda.org/return/convention12/
Human rights activists and people of conscience are freedom loving people who are dedicated to the complete liberation of Palestine and the right of Palestinians to return to their homes and lands of origin. The reaction of the United States government and its members of Congress, and the double standard of the mainstream media in the US during the Zionist states’ recent genocidal attack on Palestinian civilians in Gaza, clearly indicates one detrimental fact. The voice of the occupied Palestinians requires today, more than any time ever, to be united, coordinated, and well organized. This convention will highlight the elements required for effective grassroots organizing against racist Zionist propaganda, war crimes, biased media reporting, and how to hold the criminals accountable.
To address these critical issues that our cause is facing, planning discussions that will merge brain storming ideas, strategy, tactics with action items will include:
- Current state of the Right to Return Movement
- Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions for the Return.
- Palestinian Political Prisoners Campaign
- Activate! Be the Change you want to see in YOUR Community.
- Al-Awda Organizing on the local, regional, and national level.
- Required action after the recent Gaza massacre.
Many organizations and activists from all over the state of Florida and across the US, will be participating, as we have amplified our coalition during the most recent Gaza genocide and will continue to do so.
Among the invited speakers and artists are:
- Susan Akram JD – Professor of Law at Boston University, Advocate for Palestinian Right to Return
- Susan Abulhawa – Author, poet, activist, wrote the international best selling novel “Mornings in Jenin”
- Rania Khalek – Independent Journalist
- Amer Zahr – Activist, Comedian, Author, Musician
- Omar Offendum – Spoken word artist, rapper, activist, and performer.
- Laila Al-Haddad – Blogger, Media Activist, Author of “Gaza Mom”
- Muhammed Malik – Human Rights Advocate Miami
- Ahmad AbuZnaid – Dream Defenders
- Dr. Zahi Damuni – Chair and Co-Founder Al-Awda, Palestine Right to Return Coalition USA
- Abbas Hamideh – Vice Chair and Co-Founder Al-Awda, Palestine Right to Return Coalition, Cleveland
- Anas Amireh – Chair and Co-Founder Al-Awda, Palestine Right to Return Coalition, South Florida
- Handala Dabke Troupe
Book your hotel now: Click on this link
Sponsors: If you are interested in one of our sponsorship packages, in advertising in our mass distributed event program, or to be an exhibitor at the convention, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Media: Special arrangement available for media reporters who will cover the convention including interviews with guest speakers and panelists and organizers. If you are with the media, please contact us at email@example.com
Al-Awda, The Palestine Right to Return Coalition (PRRC) is a not for profit tax-exempt educational and charitable 501(c)(3) organization as defined by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) of the United States of America. Under IRS guidelines, your donations to PRRC are tax-deductible. To donate, please go to https://al-awda.org/get-involved/donate/ and follow the instructions. To become a member, https://al-awda.org/get-involved/al-awda-membership/